Thursday, February 28, 2008

Farewell to Grandpa Price

Tonight we received news that Tally's Grandpa, Lyle Martin Price passed away from a heart attack. He had recently celebrated his 90th birthday, which is the golden age he and grandma were shooting for. While we are saddened by the loss, we are grateful to know God has given us a way to see eachother again. We pray for grandma, that she will be be able to cope with life without him. She's been praying to die since her 90th birthday at the end of 2007. I haven't talked to her, but I'm sure she's mad at him for going first.



Above is our last family picture with Grandma & Grandpa Price. I'm so glad we went to visit them in Oregon/Washington the summer of 2006. It was a wonderful family reunion. Below is a picture of Lyle & Thema's kids and grandkids.



Grandpa Price was a wonderful man, known for his faith, hard work, and among many other traits, his love of sports. :) We will miss him dearly!

4 comments:

Jodi said...

Tally and Jess,

Just wanted to tell you guys we are sorry for your loss. It's never easy to lose a grandparent. I lost both of mine this last year and you just feel like a piece of your family is missing... We are so blessed to have the knowledge that we'll be with them again. It sounds like your Grandpa Price lived a great and long life!! :)

Jodi

Elisa said...

Sorry to hear about your grandpa. I'll be thinking of your grandma, I am sure she feels a little lost with out him. Take care!

Mike said...

Hey guys,
Sorry to hear about Grandpa Price. I'm glad you were able to see him semi-recently. It sounds like he was a really wonderful man.

Anonymous said...

Tally & Jess,

We are sorry for your loss. Our prayers are with Grandma Price and each one of you. God bless Granpa Price.

Nirla