Sunday, September 30, 2007

Kelsey's Second Week

Okay, I'm back in the game. Tal has been keeping up on the blog posts up to this point. I know it's a little past her two week mark, but we have lots of pictures of her & it's hard to keep up!

Here's one of our favorite pics of the week. If you look at her feet, you'll see Tally putting lotion on her. We found out she is tickelish! She kept smiling and squirming. It was so cute.


You have to love her expression and the way her arms are crossed in this one. She's just chillin!


She loves her hands and tries to eat them whenever she can. In this picture, we were putting milk on her finger so it dripped into her mouth and she would suck her finger. Yes, I am thouroughly confusing my baby but it was pretty funny.

Oh, she's also wearing an outfit with little piggies on it which is so fitting for her. Thanks Aunt Tiffany, Brooklyn, Ellie & Sadie for the cute clothes! I wear your sleepers every night!

Kelsey at dinnertime. She seems to always be awake when we try to eat dinner so we put her in her vibrating bouncer. She likes it, but gets bored about 15 minutes into it. That's when we turn on the secret weapon...and she totally zones. These things are great!


Bathtime
I love bath pictures! Here's her first full bath at home. Daddy cleaned her up while mom took pics.


Mommy loves a clean baby!


Grandpa Lang says I look like a boxer in this bathrobe!


This is the bathrobe Grandma Lang got for Kels. I love the little ties. Her little face says, "yeah, it's rough being a baby."


Sleeping with Grandpa
My dad said I used to sleep on his chest like this about every night when I was a baby. Almost every pic we have of my dad and Kelsey, they're both sleeping just like this.


This is the little shirt my Aunt Lisa got for Kelsey. It says, "I'm so stinkin cute." Thanks Aunt Lisa! I am pretty stinkin cute!

And thanks Aunt Teri for the bows so my little girl doesn't get mistaken for a little boy!

Being so cute can wear a baby out!


Look what grandma found in the laundry basket! Kels did not like this one bit!


Here's the quilt my mom had made for little K. Isn't it adorable!? One of the pieces of fabric used was my Aunt Jean's who just passed away. What a special heirloom! Thanks mom/grandma!


Doesn't it look cute in her room?


This little girl has a lot of stuffed animals!


Saturday stroll along Lake Zurich
While Grandma & Grandpa Lang went segwaying through Paris, Tal & I took Kelsey for a walk by the lake. Tal is absolutely in love with his little princess. He's so cute with her, even at 4am.

Here she is all dolled up in her little bassinet

The walk was a bit strenuous (for me) but good for all three of us to get some fresh air. I still look like I'm 3 months pregnant but doesn't that shirt do a good job of hiding it? Don't blame me if you see me in that outfit in every picture from now on.

She's all worn out after that long walk (even though she slept the whole time)


COUGAR BOARD
On Saturday, BYU played the New Mexico Lobos. We DVRed the game and watched it with some friends after church on Sunday. Here we are getting excited to watch the game. Kelsey had to rest up before kickoff because she didn't want to miss a minute of the action.

TOUCHDOWN!! Here she is cheering Brian Kehl's "pick six" early in the first quarter.

She cheered herself to sleep, satisfied her Cougs had won the game.

The blue blanket she has in these pics was a special treat from my friend Anna's dad. When Lee visited us in Zurich, he crocheted this in his spare time! I had no idea he was doing it for Kelsey! Thanks Lee, she loves it - especially for game days.

9 comments:

Balagna Bunch said...

She is so adorable. I wish I could told her right now. Jess, you look great! Keep up the picture posting. Love you guys!

Balagna Bunch said...

Very, very cute. I think I see some Price in the picture of her on the bouncy chair. Always nice to know that there are more Cougar fans.

Chelsea F. said...

Bows in her hair already? Man I'm jealous, love all that hair =).

lyn said...

I love the bath pic! She is such a beautiful girl! You do know most babies are no where near that cute, right?

She may be in BLUE, but that is because you put her in it. Check out her hand in that 3rd pic! That's right baby, HOOK 'EM HORNS! She's my Texas girl!

berrymom said...

So adorable! I just love all the pictures. You look great! I can't wait to see more!

Frampton Family said...

She seriously gets cuter and cuter everyday. I'm already in need of need of another Kelsey fix. I'll stop by later this week. Hope your parents made their flight alright. And Jess, please let me know what I can do to help you out.

Janelle

mary said...

Jessie, your captions slay me! She is so cute. I LOVE the bath picture, and the quilt is so beautiful, and I think it's so cute that you guys can put bows in her hair already! Hopefully she keeps that baby hair for a long time. You really look amazing, Jessie! Isn't this so much fun??

Tiffany said...

totally cute! And you look fabulous, don't be silly! I don't want to hear any of tha crazy talk!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, what a beautiful baby!!! I LOVE all the pics. I cannot wait until we get to see her in person. I'm so happy for you guys. And Jessie, you look AWESOME! How long ago were you pregnant? I love the true blue shirt. It's perfect. Already brainwashing her. She and Jay will no doubt be huge Cougar fans throughout life. We missed having you guys here with D & M but look forward to seeing you in Germany or Switzerland.