Here's a recap of June
I ran Ragnar: Wasatch Back with my cousin Aubrey and her mom, my Aunt Clare and their group. We were LOTOPA (like the bike race LOTOJA, but we were Logan to Park City, not Jackson, thank goodness). I was leg 5 and I loved it because I got my hardest run over in the beginning. I didn't plan to be pregnant when I signed up but sure enough, I was 6 or so weeks pregnant when the day rolled around. Luckily, I wasn't super nauseous yet, but I had terrible kidney pain. Bummer. I'd do it again though!!
I got a kick out of all the funny team names. But some were not appropriate and though I admit, I laughed and took a picture, I will NOT be posting them.
We went back to Ashley's cabin to shower at the end of it all. Three legs, Two days, no shower, little sleep (on a gym floor), 12 people total, 192 miles from Logan to Park City. We did it!! This is our van of ladies. We're all holding up what number leg we were. Meanwhile, our other van was running. From left to right: Clare, Jess, Ashley, Shar, Ann Marie & Aubrey.
I got a kick out of all the funny team names. But some were not appropriate and though I admit, I laughed and took a picture, I will NOT be posting them.
I LOVED the views from the top of Avon Pass. I was VERY scared to run Avon pass because of the notes on Ragnar's website that say VERY HARD and show a net elevation of 1156 ft. on gravel roads but I thought it was great. I had dirt in my snot for the next few days but big whoop. I also didn't have my kidney pain yet. I got some good road kill on this one (for those of you who don't know, like I didn't know, road kills are people you pass during your run. Lots of teams keep a tally on the back window to show how tough they really are. We did, we rocked it.).
Getting my road kill
Had to take a quick peek at the garage sale, JUST IN CASE ;)
Randomly ran into Sara Knox at one of the exchanges - so fun to see you!
We went back to Ashley's cabin to shower at the end of it all. Three legs, Two days, no shower, little sleep (on a gym floor), 12 people total, 192 miles from Logan to Park City. We did it!! This is our van of ladies. We're all holding up what number leg we were. Meanwhile, our other van was running. From left to right: Clare, Jess, Ashley, Shar, Ann Marie & Aubrey.
Finish line - Tal and the kids met us at the finish line in Park City
Kelsey and Aiden are cute, I don't know how else to segway
My friend Courtney makes these cute headbands and she needed a picture of this one for her website. Check her out at Pearl and Pauper.
Aiden has so many scrapes and bruises right now! He's such a boy.
On this last one, I erased all the bruises and scratches...he's a little cherub. I love his big brown eyes.
He gets away with *almost* anything.
Our YARD is DONE!!
Our YARD is DONE!!
We had a retaining wall around our side yard built and a fence installed
We love having more room to RUN around outside (and still be fenced in)!
We love having more room to RUN around outside (and still be fenced in)!
They dug super deep trenches to secure the wall
Aiden wasn't so sure about being down in the trenches
Mom, please don't leave me down here!
Kelsey got to climb in and play
She accidentally honked the horn and got really scared
Aiden was SO happy watching the excavator in action!
It's so fun to splash in the mud...until you fall in!
AFTER:
BEFORE:
AFTER:
We also got a new basement grate since the one they had on it when we moved in never fit
OLD:
Notice the gap?
NEW:
Sturdy and safe!
This month, we've spent a lot of time gardening and I'm really starting to enjoy it.
Here are some of my favorite flowers blooming in my yard right now!
Bye-bye Spring, bring on Summer!
























5 comments:
Congratulations on being pregnant with #3! :)
I so did not know you were pregnant! Congrats you guys!
Great job on Ragnar too, I've never had the courage to sign up for a race like that.
And I love the new retaining wall, it makes your yard look so great!
Love your new retaining wall. It looks fantastic! Congratulations on the race too!
I guess I should have read more carefully, congratulations on number 3 when are you due? Hope to see you in December. We will be there the week leading up to Christmas.
I like the retaining wall! Good job! And I'm glad you're feeling better now! I hope to see you Tuesday.
Post a Comment