Sunday, November 22, 2009

Paisley and Chi come to visit!

Tally's sister and brother-in-law booked some last minute flights from Dublin where Chi had been on a business trip. Tal picked them up from the airport late Friday afternoon. Paisley had brought Kelsey and Aiden a Dora book and several Sandra Bounton books (Kelsey LOVES them and I'm sure Aiden will too). They got settled in at our house and then we headed to Marco's in Rapperswil for some YUMMY pasta. Marco was there and served us in addition to cooking for us! We walked around sleepy Rapperswil and went up to the castle. On the way home, we picked up some Mõvenpick Swiss Chocolate ice cream. When we got home, Paisley read the books to Kelsey and they became fast friends. Once the kids were in bed, trip leader Tally mapped out a route through Europe with Chi & Pais.



Saturday morning, Pais & I went for a run and then Tal & Chi went for a run. I was supposed to have a photoshoot but it cancelled because of sickness, which in this case, was okay with me! We all headed up to Zurich. We had fairly warm, nice weather and had a great time walking around together.



Our one child? I guess Kels was in the stroller.


The circus was in town


The kids and I waited downstairs in Grossmuenster while they all went up to see the 360 degree view of Zurich. Kelsey wanted to hold Aiden. He's getting a little big for her and it scares him to be held by her. Can't imagine why.



We ate lunch at this restaurant that I've been wanting to try. It's called Felix in Bellevue. It reminded me of Angelina's in Paris. Notice the woman in the bottom left corner. I swear that's not why I took this picture ;). I loved how everything was decorated for Christmas! It made it a bit magical.


Paisley and Aiden cuddling


Kelsey eating my hot chocolate. I was feeding her too slowly so she took matters into her own hands. She spilled less than I did...at least at first.


Paisley showing how TALL this club sandwich was! She had to eat it in pieces.


We went to the Sprüngli Store to get some fresh, delicious chocolate. When you buy something, they give the kids a free Luxembourgli. Kelsey is showing me her's here.


Paisley with all the chocolates behind her


Then we went jumped in the car and went to Lucern. It was already getting dark so we quickly visited the the bridge and the Lion Monument and then picked up some Italian pizzas on the way home. Paisley and I wrapped some presents for Kelsey to open when we get back from the states, made pumpkin bread, and talked "Clean Eating" recipes while Chi and Tally firmed up their itinerary (Of course, Tal had the BYU game on as well).

Sunday morning we went to church and Chi and Paisley entertained Aiden and Kelsey the whole time. It was nice to be able to pay attention. We had a quick lunch and then took some pictures before they headed off to Lake Como and Venice.



I love the expressions on their face - they're having a conversation.



Paisley is currently the favorite aunt for sure!



We loved having you guys here and miss you already. We hope you are having fun in Italy and that it doesn't rain too much!

1 comment:

lyn said...

yay the millers! looks like you had a great visit!