Whenever I upload pics from my small camera, I am amazed by how much we have done and how much I DON'T blog about.
Kelsey loves going on walks and can now say, "I wanna walk."

I just bought her a used trike that is still a bit big for her, but she loves it. However, I have to bend over and push her most of the time. It is one of those sturdy metal ones so sometimes I push it and then stand on the back.

The Schwimmbad by our house just opened for the season and is newly renovated! It's great, except the lake is still pretty cold (17 degrees c). We went on a very uncrowded opening day. As I was walking away from buying ice cream, I saw a sign that said "glaces gratis," which means free ice cream. So I walked back to the counter and asked the guy about it. He then gave me three fruity ice cream cones...but with yummy cream in the middle. Kelsey thoroughly enjoyed hers until it melted away.

Running around, towards the outside shower

She is picking up quick and figured out what makes the water turn on. That was all she asked for after that. Then it was fun to watch her run through the middle with a face of shock as soon as the water hit her face!

Laying out at the "beach." Kelsey didn't end up napping, but let us take a small nap while she played in her stroller.

Giving daddy kisses

We had a play group at my friend Eva's house one day. She was brave enough to get out the paints and frames and let the kids to a craft. While the smart moms just undressed the kids down to their diapers, I used one of Tal's old GS shirts for Kels. Well, let's just say pink acrylic doesn't come out of navy blue and Tal claims he really likes(d) that shirt. I swear he hasn't worn it in years.

I took over Kelsey's frame so that I could actually hang it up in her room. She got bored of that real quick and started painting herself (and even tried to eat it once - yuck!)

I grabbed another frame and gave her the rest of my black paint from writing her name and let her at it. I'm so glad I did. While it may not be the most darling thing in the world (partly my fault: genes + black paint), she is so proud of it. Almost everyday, she picks it up and says mine and wants me to praise her for it. I'm glad my friends convinced me to take it home. Now to finding the right picture to put in it...

When I came in to get her from her nap, this is what I found.

My happy baby playing hide and go seek with her baby doll in her quilt my mom gave her. She's never played with it before - it just hangs on her crib so I was surprised to see her having so much fun with it. I pointed out the part that says her name and spelled it out for her. She repeated me and said, "Y, Y, Y..." We'll get the other letters soon enough.

Daddy put my pajamas on backwards!

We celebrated my friend Jennifer's 25th birthday tonight. She just had twin boys a month ago, has a daughter Kelsey's age, and her husband just left on a business trip for several weeks. We've been able to take her daughter Emily for the day a couple times and Kelsey loves it. In fact, she asks for Emily (Emma-dee) at least twice a day now.

The Twins

She's not smiling b/c she's not sure about the sling yet. Jennifer's friend made it for Emily and it matches her baby sling. Isn't that adorable!?

The Party Clowns

Still clowning around, "riding" the little wall

Now we're off to Paris, our last trip before the baby comes. Hopefully then I'll finally have time to post Greece and France!
2 comments:
Your brave, I don't think you would catch me in the water unless it is over 80 degrees outside. BRRR! The baby doll sling is the cutest thing I have ever seen. Have fun in Paris! Yahoo for fun trips!!!! Jealous because my weekend will be spent in a jump house with 7 little boys to celebrate Winston's birthday. Can you say wild.
Jessica, What would we do without your pictures? I can hardly wait for your posts. Loved the doll sling. Looks like she has the right idea of how to ride the tricycle. She will be tooling around before you know it. Love to you all grandma
Post a Comment