Monday, January 12, 2009

Ich Bin Schwanger

Hello from the baby! Just look at the hand - the rest of it looks SO weird from this angle. TRUST ME, it looks like a  baby, not an alien. The baby had the hiccups and was VERY active which made it hard to get a picture of the face. 

Ich Bin Schwanger = I am pregnant! Yes, again. Kelsey and this baby will be 22 months apart. I am due July 12th (two days after my b-day) which puts me at 14 weeks. I just went to the doctor this morning and all is good so far. The baby is 15cm long and weighs 100 grams. For those of you who saw me in the states, this comes as no surprise as I am not good at keeping secrets - or hiding being sick. I have been nauseous from about 6 weeks on but I think I was more sick with Kelsey. It's hard to compare - I was working and in the process of moving countries with Kelsey. I'm hoping to be over the nausea soon. It seemed to last until about 14 weeks with Kels, but I wasn't fully over it until 20 weeks. Since July is only 6 months away, we'll most likely have the baby here in Switzerland. I had a good experience with Kelsey and I feel more comfortable having it here than in the states! I hope to know the sex by the next appointment (week 18) but it may not happen until my appointment at week 22. They do an ultrasound at every appointment here, which makes it fun. Plus, my doctor has a pretty high-tech ultrasound machine. 

On another note, we are so excited to be having another baby. It may be soon, but it will be nice for them to be close together. Kelsey LOVES babies so it will be funny to see how she reacts to our new baby. It seems like the time has gone by fast, I guess Kelsey keeps me distracted. It never ceases to amaze me when I see my baby on the ultrasound, moving, beating, with all its little body parts so perfect and so tiny. As I watched today, I couldn't help but think about God, and how all things - especially this - prove his existence. I wanted to ask my doctor if he believed in God since he sees these miracles every day but I didn't. Many Europeans don't believe in God and I didn't want to offend him. We also had the talk about not doing the down syndrome test because I would carry the baby to full-term even if it had downs. My stance on that stems from my belief in God, which goes back to the ultrasound experience. So, there you have it, the BIGGEST reason why I haven't posted lately is because I haven't felt motivated or well enough to do much of anything. Hooray for motherhood! 

11 comments:

jessi said...

Congratulations, you guys. Another little (as in "small in size") miracle! Can't wait for this upcoming year for you guys and for our two families to be on that cruise!

likeschocolate said...

WOW! I am so excited for you. Kels is going to make such a good big sister. Congratulations!!!!!

AshleyS said...

so excited for our "twins" haha this coincidence of ours makes me miss you even more, how fun if we lived close during this time!!! oh well, i'll just keep missing you. and i don't do the down sydrome test either, I don't see the point and totally agree with you on that. love you friend!

Elisa said...

So happy for you! Hope you feel better soon.

berrymom said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you! I hope you are feeling better soon!

Unknown said...

I love the picture! I can't believe how big the baby already is. 6 months to go. I am so happy for you guys. I hope the neausia goes away soon!

Stacie said...

Congratulations! That is great news! Hang in there.

Chelsea F. said...

Congrats, again! Hope you start feeling better soon!

Mary said...

Congratulations!!! that is so exciting! Eddie and I are going to start trying for baby #2 in the fall! Little Eddie will be about 1....we'll see! I am so happy for you guys :)

Kristen said...

That's so exciting! Congratulations!

Linsey said...

Congratulations, Jess! You said that you would most likely have the baby in Switzerland... does that mean you guys are planning to move back to the States sometime this year?