Thursday, August 21, 2008

Someday, maybe

There will come a day
when seeing you walk doesn't take my breath away.
But that day is not today.
Today I savor each sweet step, watch you walk uncertain but upright,
independent, unsupported,
Big.
Someday, maybe I won't just stop and stare at you whenever you
launch off on your tottering way,
overwhelmed by the milestone I'm witnessing.
Someday it'll be old news.
But that day is not today.

For all of you who thought I suddenly became a beautiful writer, erase those assumptions. This was written by Jessica Sprague of North Carolina and it was in my Digital Scrapbooking magazine I don't subscribe to but somehow have. I echo her words today.


5 comments:

Chelsea F. said...

I love all your pictures! Hey Missy are you coming to here for Christmas, Thanksgiving, or neither =(?

April said...

So sweet. I just got some pj bottoms that have that same cheetah print. Hot. :)

berrymom said...

Great pictures! Learning to walk is the most exciting milestone. I love it!

Shari said...

So precious Jessica-I can't believe she is walking. She is so sweet and cute. I saw your dad tonight and we were talking about how precious she is and how we all want to be with her on her birthday:( Give her kisses!!!

likeschocolate said...

Way to cute!!! Yeah Kelsie you are a walking girl. Love Love the outfit.