Sunday, October 07, 2007

Isn't She Lovely by Stevie Wonder

I have always loved this song but never knew the meaning behind it. After hearing it in a restaurant called Papa Joe's when we first came to Switzerland, I decided to look up the words. Keep in mind this was just after we found out I was having a girl. I downloaded the song and started bawling. I never knew this song had so much meaning. I especially love that Stevie Wonder is blind yet he knows of his daughter's beauty. Anyway, so as you look at pics of our little babe, this song will be playing in the background. Sorry if it gets annoying, I wont keep it up forever. Thanks for letting me be sentimental...

Isn't she lovely
Isn't she wonderful
Isn't she precious
Less than one minute old
I never thought through love we'd be
Making one as lovely as she
But isn't she lovely made from love

Isn't she pretty
Truly the angel's best
Boy, I'm so happy
We have been heaven blessed
I can't believe what God has done
Through us he's given life to one
But isn't she lovely made from love

Isn't she lovely
Life and love are the same
Our little Kelsey
Her daddy picked out her name
Jessie, it could have not been done
Without you who conceived the one
That's so very lovely made from love

(Okay, yes, we changed the ending!)

2 comments:

CJ said...

Oh, that is just so sweet! I had never really listened to the words to that song either, or realized he was singing about his daughter. And I love your custom ending!

Chelsea F. said...

Very Sweet! I don't know the lyrics to any song =)