It's Tally's 26th birthday today and I want to share with you, our friends and family, 10 things I love about Tally:
1. Sense of Humor - Those of us that know him best have seen a side of Tally not often seen on a first, second or even tenth occassion. But once he breaks out of that shell, there's no telling what he'll do. Just this week he surprised Julia and a group of friends by taking off his swimsuit to reveal his fire red speedo when they were swimming at the lake! It was pretty hilarious...
2. Hard Work Ethic - If you've ever worked out in a gym with Tal, you've seen it. When he puts his mind to something, nothing can detour him. His goal may kill him but not if he accomplishes it first.
3. Love for Family -He's a family guy through and through. It's been so fun to watch him get excited about our new arrival. I wish everyone from back home could see the times he talks to my belly or looks up strollers on the internet. He also loves the family he came from very much and the family he married into. He prays for them daily and is always trying to think of ways to give back to them. This also goes for close friends. If you're a close friend, he thinks of you as family.
4. Mornings with Tally- If you who know him like I do, you are probably thinking this part is a joke. It is. Tally hates waking up in the morning and he can be the grumpiest bear when you talk to him before 9am. However, I must say that now that we're in Switzerland and on the "not-so-golden coast" side of the lake (apparently the other side is called the golden coast. We like our side better), the sun comes up around 5am so by the time he has to wake up, he's much more adjusted and pleasant to be around in the morning. :) Just wait until the baby has been keeping us up all night!

5. Love for Adventure - If he had his way, he'd be out swimming or boating on the lake every morning and then come home and mountain bike or golf in the afternoon. In the winter he'd love to be out on the slopes every day jumping off cliffs or out of helicopters. Lucky for me, I think his tailbone incident a few years ago has made him not as risky, but it scares me that his favorite place to board is "Out of Bounds." In any case, he loves the thrill of seeing new places and going further than he's gone before.
6. Sense of Reason - Arguing both sides of an issue isn't easy for some, but it is for Tally. Many have said he'd make a great lawyer, but that's not where his heart it (that part is coming). This is what makes him great for advice. Except since he's a man, he doesn't always factor in emotion. It's a guy thing.
7. Drive for Perfection - Maybe this also falls under work ethic, but those that have seen him hand wash hundreds of his golf balls or take care of his car know what I mean. It maybe quirky, but it's true. Since he bought me the new camera he's also taken up photography and when he wants a certain shot, there's no telling how long we'll wait until he gets it. And I often have to take back my complaining when I see what a great shot he's taken. While I've told you about more of the anal-retentive things he does, this is an attribute that makes him the successful person he is.
8. Money - I don't mean to say that this is where his heart is, but it's definitely his passion. Whether it's making money or helping other people make/invest money, he's never been one to waste money. We still can't talk about the time I returned a vacuum for $23 at Target when it was worth over $100 (I know it was stupid, thank you. I was returning a bunch of wedding presents and was past the point of caring that day). Even though it was hard for me to get used to, we created a budget in the beginning and have been able to save even when we were "poor college students." Looking back, it gives us such a sense of accomplishment and togetherness.
9. Love of God - He understands that by putting the Lord first, he is empowered to put all of his other responsibilities in order. He would sacrifice something he was going to do just to go help somebody in need or keep the sabbath day. For example, yesterday he turned down a round of golf - and it's not easy to golf here! This is one of the things I found deeply rooted within him when I met him and was a big factor into why I wanted to marry him.

10. The Way He Loves Me - Yes, I know this is also a country song, but it's true. This is a side hopefully seen by others but the full extent is not shown to the outside world. I have seen his love for me grow throughout the past few years and know he would rather be with no one else in the world. He often tells me how perfect I am for him and I'll be the first to say how true the reverse is as well. He compliments me in every way. When we were dating, I thought we couldn't be more similar. Now I know what a good thing our differences are because we balance eachother out.
Here's your Dairy Queen cake Tal! Sorry we can't get these in Switzerland but I'm sure you'll do just fine with a chocolate-filled croissant! I hope I didn't embarass you too much! Happy birthday babe!
9 comments:
Happy Birthday Tally!! We hope that it's a good one for you.
Josh and Janelle
Happy Birthday Tally! I just had my 28th--ouch I'm not so good at taking these bday things! However, I do love it when its someone else's, so I hope yours is a good one!
Ryan & Lyn Price
Happy Birthday Talmadge! Jacob, Jessi, and Abram
Happy Birthday Tally!! We hope you have a fabulous day and know that we are thinking of you!
~Sandra & Carter
Hahahaha!
Great pics, Jessica.
Tal is a great guy, I can confirm.
Happy Birthday Chambon!
Tu pecho es super inmenso y enorme!
Aye!!
- Maker
Best wishes from the Huntingtons, Tally! We hope you have a wonderful birthday and do something fun.
-April and Elliot
Tally-- Thanks for having a birthday so that we can have a BBQ!
Best from the Barlows
Feliz cumpleaños Tally! Te deseamos un cumpleaños muy bonito desde España. Pásalo bien y disfruta con Jessi y tus amigos.
FELICIDADES . María
well you know June 25th is the best birthday of the year!!! Even if I am well - much older than you!! Happy bday (to you on the Price Family blog) - one day late!
Post a Comment